You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
JCU legal eagles recognised
James Cook University has celebrated 30 years of law degrees in north Queensland by inducting 14 graduates and community…
Townsville’s lazy litterbugs
A survey of litter in Townsville reveals people are dropping their rubbish on the ground, even though public bins are ne…
Litter-ly lazy in Cairns
Thousands of cigarette butts are being discarded in the city’s streets, drains, parks and roadways with alarming f…
Experience the Incredible
You are forward-thinking and excited to meet the challenges of a 21st-century career. You are the product of your own unique history and the input of your family, friends and community. Shaped by the past, embracing who you are and the input of others, you are ready to take on your future.
The place you choose to prepare for your future should be as unique as you are. As you study with James Cook University, you partner with a university that has been shaped by history, embraces where it is and allows you to explore, discover, grow through research and teaching that makes a difference.
Throughout your journey with the second-oldest university in Queensland, you will see the value of experience lived out in front of you. Embracing the lessons of history and leveraging the insights of generations, JCU is the best university in Queensland for reducing inequalities* and a leading university in Australia.
Study in a unique environment where world-class facilities, natural wonders and vibrant student life come together. At JCU take advantage of our world-class experience in teaching, research, and technological development to forge your own future.
Choose a Queensland uni with career-focussed courses, world-class researches and lecturers, and state-of-the-art facilities. JCU graduates are able to apply technical competencies, while thinking differently about the challenges facing the world. Be equipped with the expert knowledge and job-ready skills to excel in your chosen career path.
Committed to Student Success
You embrace the person you have become and are looking forward to engaging with like-minded people to grow your knowledge and skills further. Your experience should build on your understanding, help you to develop your full potential and give you access to sources of information and inspiration.
At James Cook University, study courses delivered by expert lecturers and world-class researchers. Gain a theoretical understanding through analysis and application. Apply your learnings to work and research situations and get feedback from professionals as you build your skills.
Network with invited guests from leading industry and scientific professionals who are regularly invited to share their expertise at the best uni in Australia for Marine Biology^. Lecturers committed to student success will help you gain the confidence and practical skills for you to excel in your chosen field.
Ready Today for Tomorrow
The decision-makers and influencers of society are excited about the challenges and possibilities of the future. JCU graduates are ready today, for tomorrow - future-focused and committed to making a difference.
A degree and a job is important - JCU is top three in Australia for employer satisfaction#. Graduate from JCU job-ready, with problem solving skills that make you valuable to employers and confident to forge your future in the global workforce.
Develop an understanding of how theory applies to practical outputs. With your skills at gathering and analysing data or applying critical thinking to complex social issues, JCU graduates lead the way in solving tomorrow’s most pressing challenges.
Committed to a Brighter Future
We are unique products of experience, personality, and hopes. We are at our best when we acknowledge the past, take advantage of what we have, and work towards an even better future. You will find a university in Australia that embraces this concept when you study with JCU.
Environmental sustainability is at the forefront of teaching, learning and life at JCU. Learn in world-class facilities, like the JCU Science Place, built using a contemporary, energy efficient design and collaborative classrooms.
Explore unique Australian ecosystems as you study on the doorstep of unrivalled research locations and access World Heritage natural environments. Work on the Great Barrier Reef at the JCU Daintree Rainforest Observatory or the JCU Fletcherview Research Station in the dry savannahs of the Australian Outback. Understand the intricacies of tropical climate and learn from world-class researches at the Australian Tropical Science and Innovation Precinct or the Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine.
Build valuable professional networks while developing the skills and knowledge to make a difference. Become a leader in your field and help us create a brighter future for the world.
*Times Higher Education University Impact Ratings 2019 ^CWUR 2017 Rankings Rated number 1 in the world for Marine and Freshwater Biology #QILT Employer Satisfaction Survey National Report
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture