JCU Sport and the JCU Student Association are proud to announce that in 2017 we will be offering the Elite Athlete Scholarship program for the 7th year. The program is targeted towards current or soon to be full-time under-graduate students attending the James Cook University Townsville Campus.
The Scholarship offers the following:
The scholarships will be awarded at the discretion of the selection committee to the applicants showing the greatest merit as demonstrated by:
* Demonstrated ability and achievements in their chosen sport.
* Academic achievement in their secondary school studies or tertiary studies to date.
* Demonstrated leadership achievements and capabilities.
* Any other evidence that may be considered relevant by the committee to future success in the applicant’s chosen field of study and sport.
The scholarship will be offered to one male and one female athlete for 2016.
To be eligible to apply for a JCU Sport Elite Athlete Scholarship a student athlete must:
* Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or the holder of an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa.
* Be enrolled or intend to enroll at James Cook University in an undergraduate degree program for both 2017 semesters. Those who finish their studies mid-year aren’t eligible.
* Be a member of, or intend to become a member of, an appropriate JCU sporting club and/or represent James Cook University at the Australian University Games or designated events/activities.
* Maintain a passing grade in all JCU courses undertaken whilst on scholarship
The award of a JCU Sport Elite Athlete Scholarship will be conditional on the recipient accepting the offer of a place at James Cook University.
Commitments for all scholarship holders
*Become an active member of a JCU sporting club for which the award has been granted (if available).
*Represent JCU at the Australian University Games and Northern University Games.
*Provide JCU Sport with written bi-annual performance reports.
How to apply
*Applicants must complete the application form available at the Townsville JCU gym. If an electronic version of the form is needed, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All supporting documentation outlined in the application process must be submitted by the closing date, otherwise the application may not be considered.
*No late applications will be accepted
Applications open 31st October 2016
Applications close Friday 27th January, 2017 at 4pm.
2017 Scholarship holders will be announced via the JCU Sport Facebook group as well as via email on the 6th February 2016.
JCU Sport and Recreation Manager
JCU Sport Office, JCU GYM (building 99)
Phone: 4781 4537