Process Mapping: Presented by ATEM
Dates: 9th May - Townsville 9-4pm
10th May – Cairns 9-4pm
Benefits of training staff in process mapping and process improvement:
- Increased productivity. Opportunities for simplification and improvement can be identified more easily if processes are mapped.
- Mapping processes identifies which steps add value, ie. when we enhance the student experience or reduce the time academics and senior management spend on transactional (non-value adding) activities.
- Creating a process-centric culture within the university where everyone knows and agrees what their role in a process is will help to build effective relationships across organisational units.
- Enables identification of metrics for measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of our processes. These can then be used to establish a baseline in order to validate improvement and justify change or capital expenditures.
- Documenting processes protects the university against the risk of losing intellectual capital through key person dependencies.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org