If you are visiting James Cook University (JCU) or need to spend time on the Townsville or Cairns campuses for block mode or intensive studies, the JCU Accommodation Service can help with short-term accommodation options.
Short-term accommodation options in Townsville include:
- On campus - During vacation periods you may be able to stay at one of the JCU Halls of Residence. Refer to Short Stays or call 07 4781 5592.
- Townsville Serviced Apartments – Located in Aitkenvale, close to Stockland Shopping Centre, and Hermit Park. Well maintained units are cleaned weekly.
- Cedar Lodge Motel – Located near Stockland Shopping Centre in Aitkenvale and 2 kilometres from the campus.
- Riverside Convention Centre – Located on the Ross River and around 2 kilometres from the campus.
- Civic Guest House – A centrally located hostel in downtown Townsville, a 20-minute drive from James Cook University, a 5-minute walk to Flinders Mall and a 15-minute walk to the Strand (beach) and Palmer Street (restaurant precinct). Free transport to/from the Greyhound bus terminal.
- Foreign Exchange Beachside – Budget accommodation located on central bus routes next door to a shopping centre. A 20-minute drive to James Cook University and within a short walk to the city centre and beach. Free pickup service from Greyhound and Premier bus terminals and train station.
- Private rental accommodation via the JCU Accommodation Service’s off-campus database.
- Centrally located Holiday Accommodation Townsville offers self-contained and serviced weekly, close to public transport, shopping centres, University and Hospital
Short-term accommodation options in Cairns include:
Contact the Singapore campus accommodation service for more information.
Visit Maps and Campus Information and Other Helpful sites for more information.
Link to important dates