Accommodation Tenant Declaration
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Apply Now
- Campus Maps
- Living in Townsville
- Living in Cairns
- Off-campus Accommodation
- Short-term stay
- About Us
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
The JCU Accommodation Service hosts and maintains this free database service to assist students in locating off-campus accommodation appropriate to their personal circumstances. Unless otherwise specified, rental payments do not typically include utilities, for example; electricity, gas, telephone and internet.
The off-campus accommodation database is monitored by the JCU Accommodation Office and care is taken to ensure the listings are up to date and legitimate, however the rental arrangements facilitated by the database are solely between the landlord and the tenant.
Please note: It is advisable to research your rights and obligations as a tenant and register a rental agreement with the Residential Tenancy Authority (RTA). JCU is not responsible to any party accessing the database for any loss or injury as a result of entering a private rental agreement.
Information provided in the off-campus accommodation database is intended for use as a guide only, and James Cook University accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, quality or suitability of information listed, nor the character and/or behaviour of the landlord or other tenants.
Please advise the Accommodation Service if you find any listings that are unavailable.
- I declare that I have read and understood the relevant information contained on the RTA website relating to private rental arrangements between landlords and tenants.
- I agree that I will abide by my legal and moral obligations and show honesty and integrity in dealing with prospective and actual landlords and any other occupants of the property.
- I am aware of my rights and obligations as a tenant under the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008.
- I agree that I have read and understood the declaration and disclaimer above and I now wish to view accommodation options in the JCU database.