You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Services and Resources
Resources and Extras
- Element-to-stoichiometric oxide conversion factors
- Gunshot residue (GSR)
- FAQ ICP
- Routine geochemical element analysis @ AAC
- FAQ Organic
- SEM images of local insects – N.Queensland
- False coloured images
- Notes on sample preparation of biological material for SEM
- Routine XRF element analysis @ AAC
- How to view/edit element maps from Jeol 8200 EPMA
- Standard ICP element analysis @ AAC
- FAQ - XRD/XRF
- Links to other Facilities
- Resources and Extras
Advanced Analytical Centre
First formed in 1991, the Advanced Analytical Centre (AAC) is a central analytical facility that proudly supports research and industry, providing a wide range of analytical instrumentation backed by experienced and professional staff.
The AAC provides access to a range of techniques covering the fields of microscopy and microanalysis, inorganic and organic chemical analysis, mineralogy/crystallography and genetic analysis. A full list of the current facilities can be found at AAC instrumentation.
The centre provides a full range of services from sample preparation through to final analysis and reporting as well as specific, hands-on training in instrument use. It is also a Linked Laboratory to the Australian Microscopy and Microanalysis Research Facility (AMMRF).
If using any of the facilities for the first time please discuss your requirements with a member of the AAC staff in order that we may help and advise you of the most appropriate method to obtain the results required.
General enquiries can be forwarded by email to email@example.com. Alternatively, contact the Centre Director.
Specific enquiries regarding details of a particular technique can be made directly to the officer in charge of this area (see Staff Listing).