Web-based bookings for microscope systems
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
Advanced Analytical Centre
- Information For
- Information About
- X-ray Powder Diffraction (XRD)
- X-ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
- Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometer (ICP-MS)
- Laser ablation
- Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometer (ICP-AES)
- Gas Chromatography-Liquid Chromatography (GC/LC)
- Additional Equipment
- Laser Scanning Confocal Microscopy (LSCM)
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Multicollector-Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometer (MC-ICP-MS)
- Electron Probe Microanalyser (EPMA or Microprobe)
- Sample Requirements
- Techniques and Facilities
- All Instruments
Services and Resources
Resources and Extras
- Element-to-stoichiometric oxide conversion factors
- Gunshot residue (GSR)
- FAQ ICP
- Routine geochemical element analysis @ AAC
- FAQ Organic
- SEM images of local insects – N.Queensland
- False coloured images
- Notes on sample preparation of biological material for SEM
- Routine XRF element analysis @ AAC
- How to view/edit element maps from Jeol 8200 EPMA
- Standard ICP element analysis @ AAC
- FAQ - XRD/XRF
- Links to other Facilities
- Resources and Extras
- AAC Contacts
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Microscope instruments/facilities that may be booked online are:
- Electron Microscopes (SEM, JEOL 8200 Superprobe)
- Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope
In order to use the booking system first time users must first register by filling out the form provided by the system. You will be able to login using the information you have provided.
Note: This site is hosted on an internal server. In order to ensure it authenticates your login correctly include AD\ in front of your user name. For example: AD\your_login_username.
Conditions for equipment use
The following conditions of use apply to all bookings for Advanced Analytical Centre (ACC) instrumentation.
- Bookings may only be made from within the JCU web environment.
- Initial bookings are provisional only until the officer in charge of the instrument/facility validates them.
- Cancellations should be made at least two (2) days prior to booked time.
- Failure to give adequate notice of cancellation may also result in you being charged for this booking.
- Users must have a valid Job number: this is assigned to you once you have completed the internal requisition form.
- Book the instrument for the actual time you require. Once booked, this time is unavailable for other users and you may therefore be charged for the whole period.
- Prepare all samples prior to your booked time. For samples requiring coating for any of the electron microscope systems ensure the samples are submitted at least two (2) working days before the booked time (for large numbers of samples additional time may be required).
- For analysis requiring specific calibrations/instrument set up prior to your bookings advise the officer in charge of the requirements (see list of officers on the booking page). If there is not sufficient detail on the type of work to be undertaken or time to prepare the instrument beforehand then your booking may be refused.