You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Services and Resources
Resources and Extras
- Element-to-stoichiometric oxide conversion factors
- Gunshot residue (GSR)
- FAQ ICP
- Routine geochemical element analysis @ AAC
- FAQ Organic
- SEM images of local insects – N.Queensland
- False coloured images
- Notes on sample preparation of biological material for SEM
- Routine XRF element analysis @ AAC
- How to view/edit element maps from Jeol 8200 EPMA
- Standard ICP element analysis @ AAC
- FAQ - XRD/XRF
- Links to other Facilities
- Resources and Extras
Web-based bookings for microscope systems
Microscope instruments/facilities that may be booked online are:
- Electron Microscopes (SEM, JEOL 8200 Superprobe)
- Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope
In order to use the booking system first time users must first register by filling out the form provided by the system. You will be able to login using the information you have provided.
Note: This site is hosted on an internal server. In order to ensure it authenticates your login correctly include AD\ in front of your user name. For example: AD\your_login_username.
Conditions for equipment use
The following conditions of use apply to all bookings for Advanced Analytical Centre (ACC) instrumentation.
- Bookings may only be made from within the JCU web environment.
- Initial bookings are provisional only until the officer in charge of the instrument/facility validates them.
- Cancellations should be made at least two (2) days prior to booked time.
- Failure to give adequate notice of cancellation may also result in you being charged for this booking.
- Users must have a valid Job number: this is assigned to you once you have completed the internal requisition form.
- Book the instrument for the actual time you require. Once booked, this time is unavailable for other users and you may therefore be charged for the whole period.
- Prepare all samples prior to your booked time. For samples requiring coating for any of the electron microscope systems ensure the samples are submitted at least two (2) working days before the booked time (for large numbers of samples additional time may be required).
- For analysis requiring specific calibrations/instrument set up prior to your bookings advise the officer in charge of the requirements (see list of officers on the booking page). If there is not sufficient detail on the type of work to be undertaken or time to prepare the instrument beforehand then your booking may be refused.