JCU Alumni Advantage Terms & Conditions
- JCU Alumni (Domestic and International)
- Enrolled in an eligible JCU Townsville, JCU Cairns, and JCU Online postgraduate coursework qualification, in a full fee-paying place.
This includes alumni who enrolled in a now eligible postgraduate award course prior to 2022, with the fee reduction to be available for subject enrolments undertaken in 2022 and for the remaining duration of their enrolment in the course.
Eligible alumni also include International Study Abroad and Student Exchange alumni who have completed at least one full-time teaching period at JCU, have graduated from their home institution and are returning to JCU to subsequently enrol in an eligible postgraduate coursework qualification.
Area of Study
Eligible Postgraduate coursework award courses include:
- Graduate Certificates
- Graduate Diplomas
- Masters by coursework
(Note: Students already receiving subsidised fees, such as with Commonwealth Support Places, are not eligible for further fee discounts through the Advantage).
25% reduction on full tuition fees on eligible postgraduate award courses at JCU Townsville, JCU Cairns, and JCU Online, for full-fee paying enrolments commencing or continuing in 2022.
Applicable from Study Period 1, 2022 and for the duration of a full-fee paying enrolment in the course, subject to JCU Alumni Advantage rules.
Am I eligible?
The JCU Alumni Advantage will be open to students who meet all the following criteria:
- Have completed a JCU award course, or, are an international student who successfully completed the equivalent of at least one full-time teaching period during a Study Abroad or Student Exchange program at JCU, have graduated from their home institution and are returning to JCU to subsequently enrol in an eligible postgraduate coursework qualification.
- For Domestic students: are commencing or continuing full-time or part-time as a full fee-paying student in an eligible postgraduate coursework qualification at JCU Cairns, JCU Townsville or Online in 2022. For International students: are commencing or continuing full-time as a full fee-paying student in an eligible postgraduate coursework qualification at JCU Cairns, JCU Townsville or Online in 2022.
- Are not a recipient of any other JCU- or Government-funded benefit or tuition fee reduction in the same study period such as a Commonwealth Support Place.
- Are enrolled as a full-fee paying student in an eligible postgraduate coursework course.
The fee reduction is not available for:
- Higher degree research courses
- Ineligible postgraduate courses
- Single subject (short courses)
- Honours courses
- Undergraduate courses
- Pathway courses
- Enabling courses
- Pre-requisite subjects and courses
- Courses at JCU Singapore or JCU Brisbane
- The following JCU Online courses:
- Master of Business Administration Global
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global
- Master of Data Science (Professional)
- Master of Data Science
- Graduate Diploma of Data Science (Internet of Things)
- Graduate Diploma of Data Science
- Graduate Certificate of Data Science
- Master of Nursing
- Graduate Diploma of Nursing
- Graduate Certificate of Nursing
- Graduate Diploma of Psychology (Bridging)
- Graduate Certificate of Psychology
What would I receive?
A 25% fee reduction on tuition fees payable, which will be applied at the time fees are due for each study period in which you are enrolled in an eligible course.
How do I apply?
Your eligibility to receive the JCU Alumni Advantage will be assessed at the time of application to a postgraduate coursework qualification. If eligible you will be offered the fee reduction, which will be applied directly to your tuition fees.
If you are a continuing student (i.e., you commenced enrolment in a postgraduate coursework course prior to 2022) you are also eligible to receive the Alumni Advantage on your eligible 2022 subject enrolments. While every effort will be made to identify eligible alumni and apply the Advantage directly, in the event that the Advantage is not applied to your enrolment at the time fees are due, you can appeal within four weeks of your fee due-date to arrange for the discount to be applied to your 2022 enrolment.
Alumni Advantage Rules
- Cannot be held concurrently with any other JCU-funded Benefit, scholarship, bursary or fee reduction or Government fee-subsidy. Externally-funded scholarships (e.g., scholarships funded by external donors and administered by JCU) may be held concurrently with the Advantage.
- Will not apply retrospectively to fees already paid, or to subjects undertaken prior to 2022.
- Will not apply if you have not completed a prior award course or eligible Study Abroad or Exchange program with JCU (i.e., enrolment in the eligible course cannot be undertaken concurrently with your first award qualification, Study Abroad or Exchange program at JCU).
- Is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable to any other costs.
- The recipient must maintain full-time (international) or full- or part-time (domestic students only) enrolment in the course for which the JCU Alumni Advantage was awarded.
- If the recipient defers their study or takes a leave of absence without approval, exceeds the maximum time to complete their course, is found guilty of academic misconduct, or otherwise fails to maintain satisfactory academic performance, the recipient will no longer be eligible for the Alumni Advantage.
- To achieve satisfactory academic performance a student must:
- pass all core subjects; and,
- maintain a course Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.00 or above; and,
- pass more than 50% of completed credit points.
- If the recipient transfers to another eligible postgraduate coursework course of study during 2022, the fee reduction will continue to apply for the duration of the transferred course.
- If the recipient fails to comply with any of the conditions of the Alumni Advantage, JCU may suspend or terminate the discount or take such action as it deems necessary to enforce compliance of the condition by the recipient.
- A student may lodge a request for review of decision in accordance with the provisions of the Student Appeals Policy.