You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
About the Herbarium
Research and Programs
- Theme 1 – Tropical Biodiversity Science
- Theme 2 – Education, Knowledge Capture and Translation, Expert Advice
- Theme 3 –Biodiversity in a Changing World
- Theme 4 – Economic Botany
- Theme 5 – Tropical Biosecurity
- Tropical Indigenous Ethnobotany Centre (TIEC)
- Online Keys to Australian Tropical Rainforest Plants
- Plant Identification Workshops
Public Reference Collection
Introduction and Opening Hours
Identifying plants of North Queensland
The Australian Tropical Herbarium has a set of reference specimens available to other researchers, the public and special interest groups to assist in the identification of north Queensland’s plants.
This Public Reference Collection aims to represent all the native and naturalised plant species of north Queensland. Specimens will be added and replaced to ensure the most representative and accurate selection of specimens remains available.
9:30am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday. Closed on Public Holidays.
No appointment is necessary, but please ensure you register with the receptionist upon arrival.
Phone (07) 4232 1837