Student Mentor Program
You can contact one of our mentors whether you are offshore or newly arrived to Brisbane. Our mentors will help you answer questions and introduce you to the campus and get you started on your university journey.
The mentor program also oversees the study buddy initiative where all students can register and create study groups for peer support.
Get in touch
We are located on the second floor (Level 2)
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am – 4:30pm (excluding public holidays)
Types of mentors
What do mentors do?
The role of a mentor
Mentors are voluntary, unpaid roles. A day in the life of a mentor may include:
- Meet and greet new students on Orientation Day.
- Provide support and encouragement for students:
- Effective strategies to approach subjects
- Getting organised for study, assessments and exams
- Connecting with other new students and forming study groups
- Answering general queries about university life and Brisbane
- Attend debrief session during mid trimester break and provide feedback.
Mentor rewards include:
- A certificate of appreciation
- A great opportunity to learn
- Develop your leadership skills
- Improve your communication and teamwork skills
- You can add your mentoring role to your CV to help you stand out to future employers.
Would you like to be a mentor? We are recruiting!
JCU Brisbane invites you to take part in our Student Mentor Program this trimester. We are looking for mentors and mentees from all disciplines. Whether you are interested in mentoring a fellow student or being mentored, we would like to hear from you!