Careers and Employability Employers
Information for Employers
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Reputation and Experience
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- JCU Connect
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
JCU Careers and Employability provides many opportunities for employers to connect with JCU students including advertising opportunities through our website and social media, and facilitating targeted information sessions.
If you wish to discuss a vacancy or recruitment program with college representatives, JCU Careers and Employability can put you in touch with the appropriate academic staff member.
Whether you are a small or large business, a not-for-profit organisation or NGO, or an individual seeking to employ casual help, we can assist you with advertising your employment opportunities.
CareerHub is JCU's official online job portal for current JCU students and alumni looking to find employment. There is no fee for employers to register or post opportunities.
JCU students and recent graduates have exclusive access to CareerHub and are interested in opportunities for graduate roles, internships, clerkships, placements, vacation work, volunteer and part-time or casual positions.
If you are seeking specific skills, view the courses offered by JCU. Keep in mind that our students are multi-talented, and there may be students in other courses who suit your employment needs.
Register on CareerHub Employers or email email@example.com for assistance.
JCU CareerHub Terms and Conditions
JCU Careers and Employability can organise targeted emails to students via email at no cost.
To organise a targeted email, send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Purpose of email, including brief description of information to be distributed
- Discipline(s) sought
- Target year(s) sought
- Date of intended email (please allow up to 2 working days for an email to be sent)
- The information to be distributed to students (if sending a pdf please also send a word document version if possible)
JCU Careers and Employability offers this service subject to the following conditions:
- Emails must be targeted to specific disciplines and year levels, they cannot be sent to all students.
- Only information that deals specifically with graduate positions, vacation work, internships and work placements will be emailed.
- The email will contain a disclaimer advising students that your information is being sent through JCU Careers and Employability to ensure the confidentiality of student information. Example: This information has been distributed by the James Cook University Careers and Employability Service without the disclosure of your name and address details.
- JCU Careers and Employability reserves the right to reject any inappropriate or irrelevant email requests.
JCU Careers and Employability can assist you to organise contact with students via on-campus and/or online presentations and information sessions.
We can promote your student engagement session to targeted groups of students and can help with organising a venue and audio-visual equipment.
We encourage employers to engage with students on multiple campuses if opportunities are appropriate. Videoconference facilities are available on campus for presentations (fees are charged for this service).
Phone: Cairns: 4232 1150, Townsville: 4781 4711
Partner with JCU
JCU students are the workforce of tomorrow. At JCU we match our students’ education, expertise and strengths with your industry or business. By partnering with JCU, you will be working with a world-class university to nurture emerging talent.
Our placements, projects and clinical practice and fieldwork are embedded in the curriculum and informed by industry best practice and JCU’s expert advisory groups.
If you want your organisation to participate in our student placement program, please visit Partner with JCU for more information.