You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Work Integrated Learning
Teacher Education for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People
- Becoming a Teacher
- Contact Us
Humanities and Creative Arts
- Research News
- Contact Us
The Learning Place
The Learning Place is the Department of Education and Training's comprehensive eLearning environment providing secure access to an innovative range of digital tools, resources and eSpaces for teaching and learning, collaboration and networking.
The Learning Place supports contemporary teaching practice enabling today's learners to steer their own learning and arrive at their own ICT-enriched learning destinations.
James Cook University has an Affiliate’s Agreement in place with the Department of Education Training and Employment, to enable preservice teachers to access The Learning Place.
Access to Learning Place
Access is by means of payment for an annual subscription (expires February of each year) and registration is via the College of Arts. Society and Education.
- Download the Cashier Payment Advice (PDF, 58 KB) form and pay the fee.
- Download the Student Membership Request (PDF, 40 KB) form and fill in.
- Provide proof of payment (Student Centre payment form/receipt) AND your membership request form to College contact person.
- JCU College staff advise TLP of your request.
- TLP will contact you via your JCU email address with a Terms of Agreement to be acknowledged.
- On return of the Agreement, TLP will issue your user name and log-in details.
For further information email email@example.com.