You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
T: (07) 478 16052
Claire is a Lecturer in the Conflict Management and Resolution Program at James Cook University. She also works as a facilitator for Scope Global and has a consultancy practice, Conflict Resolutions.
Claire studied a combined Economics and Law degree at the University of Tasmania with a year exchange at the Universidad de Complutence, Madrid and a summer exchange at the University of Shanghai, China. She undertook a Masters of Mediation and Conflict Resolution at the University of Queensland while working at the Australian Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies. Claire is a Nationally Accredited Mediator under the Australian Standards and a certified conflict coach with Conflict Coaching International.
Claire spent a year working in refugee camps on the Thai-Burma border as a Mediation Specialist with International Rescue Committee (IRC). Her role involved training IRC legal assistance centre staff, paralegals and camp community leaders to improve dispute resolution procedures, policing and detention practices in the refugee camps. She also spent a year working in the Philippines as a Capacity Development Officer with a local NGO, working with their institution building team to develop a training program and resources on participatory governance and gender equality and fostering active community participation in the development process.
- LB5530 Conflict Resolution Processes
- LB5531 Research and Writing in Conflict Management and Resolution
- Informal dispute resolution systems
- Peace and conflict education
- Building mediation capacity
- Interfaith dialogue
- Conflict coaching
- Building community mediation capacity
- Informal dispute resolution processes
- Conflict resolution skills training