You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
M: 0439 804 582
Sonia has been a mediation practitioner for over ten years in the neighbourhood, spousal, workplace and Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) arenas and has provided conflict coaching privately for several years. Most recently, Sonia has taken on work for the Family Court as a Child Consent Order Conference convenor.
Completing her Masters in Dispute Resolution in 2010, Sonia has worked with JCU in the delivery of mediation-related subjects for approximately six years. More broadly, Sonia has conducted workplace training and consultation over a period of about 20 years.
A National Accredited Mediator, Sonia continues a particular interest in workplace conflict management, and the development of training programs to enhance relationships at work, including conflict management, negotiation, performance management, coaching, instructional skills and work team dynamics/relationship building. Of particular interest is conflict management and resolution systems design and evaluation.
- Advanced mediation
- Conflict coaching
- Effective workplace relationships
- Conflict engagement and resolution
- Workplace conflict and performance management
- Facilitation for meetings and stakeholder consultation
- Training in communication skills and creative engagement education
- Conflict management system review, evaluation and continuous improvement