You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Why Conflict Management and Resolution at JCU?
Benefit from flexible study options! You can complete the course online, in block-mode weekend classes in Cairns and Townsville, or in combined study mode.
Expand your career options! Our degrees provide a wide variety of employment opportunities.
Become a better manager! Conflict management skills are essential in any position that involves working with people.
Put your learning into practice right away! In every course you will engage in practical, skills-based learning that you can implement immediately in your personal and professional life.
Get two degrees at once! Enrol in a joint MBA/Master of Conflict Management and Resolution and get an additional qualification to enhance your employment opportunities.
Be professionally accredited! Our courses can lead to accreditation as a mediator under the Australian National Mediator Accreditation System, and as a REAL Conflict Coach through Conflict Coaching International.
Get hands-on experience! Our partnership with the Dispute Resolution Branch (DRB) of the Queensland Government's Department of Justice and Attorney-General provides a unique opportunity for you to gain hands-on experience through work placements with one of the Queensland DRB offices.
Many of our graduates find that developing advanced conflict management and resolution skills helps their career progression in their current employment, particularly in management roles. Graduates of the JCU Conflict Management and Resolution Program have successfully applied their knowledge and skills in a wide range of professions and industries. These include health, local government, higher education, emergency services, primary and secondary schools, construction, logistics, law, Federal politics, Defence, social work and in general management settings; both in Australia and in other countries.
The JCU Conflict Management and Resolution Program is also a valuable qualification for those seeking employment specifically in the field of Conflict Management and Resolution. Graduates can practice as mediators, conciliators, arbitrators and ombuds in private practice or with corporate or government organisations.
There are also many opportunities in community development and international peace and security. Organisations such as the World Bank, United Nations, International Committee of the Red Cross and Red Crescent, International Rescue Committee, and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade offer employment opportunities ;in conflict-related areas.
Some students decide to pursue PhD studies in Conflict Management and Resolution, contributing to research and the development of the field. Some Doctoral students take up academic positions in the field, while others use their specialised research in practice settings.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture