Sport and Exercise Science
The discipline of Sport and Exercise Science was founded in 1994 accepting its first students in 1995. The Sport and Exercise Science discipline within the College of Healthcare Sciences, Division of Tropical Health and Medicine has over 380 students in both undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
The undergraduate Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science is a three year degree offered in on-campus mode in Townsville and Cairns. The Bachelor of Exercise Physiology (Clinical) is a four year degree with the first three years offered in on-campus mode in Townsville and Cairns and the fourth year offered in on-campus mode in Townsville. We also offer a dual degree in Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science - Psychological Sciences. Our campuses are equipped with excellent facilities and state-of-the-art exercise physiology and movement analysis laboratories.
A degree in Sport and Exercise Science or Clinical Exercise Physiology will give you the opportunity to work in a rewarding career in a variety of settings. Graduates from Sport and Exercise Science (SES) and Exercise Physiology (Clinical) courses have a strong understanding of the processes and mechanisms underlying human physical activity with a focus on the role of exercise for health and disease management (Clinical) or for the enhancement of human performance in occupational, sport, exercise and leisure settings (SES). We have a particular focus on the relationship between exercise and health in rural/remote/tropical living environments.
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science - Bachelor of Psychological Sciences
- Bachelor of Exercise Physiology (Clinical)
- Graduate Certificate of Rehabilitation
- Graduate Diploma of Rehabilitation
- Master of Rehabilitation
- Master of Philosophy (Health)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Health)
- Exercise Physiology Laboratories
- Movement analysis laboratory
- SES Services
- Exercise Testing & Rehabilitation Clinic
- JCU Health Exercise Physiology Clinic