You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Physician Assistant
- All courses
- Current research
- Recent publications
- Grant Applications
- Research Support Team
- Student Support Program
- Research Ethics
News & Events
- Professional Development
Underpinning our work is a shared commitment to social justice, a passion for innovation and a commitment to excellence.
- 'Social accountability’ means we work to align our teaching, research and service to the priority healthcare needs of the communities whom we have a mandate to serve. For us, this means a focus on northern Australian communities; on rural, remote and tropical health; on the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples; and global health in the tropics worldwide and especially the Asia Pacific region.
- Our undergraduate courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Physician Assistant practice are full professional programs that equip students with real skills, a strong foundation of science and a desire to make a difference. Our professional graduates have a reputation for being work-ready, committed professionals who are ready for a challenge.
- Our post-graduate courses and professional programs – in General Practice, health professional education, surgical anatomy, pharmaceutical public health and dental implantology – offer working health professionals opportunities to develop their abilities and advance their careers.
- Our research emphasises working ‘in-with-and-for’ communities of northern Australia and the wider region. We seek to translate knowledge, strengthening health systems and to address health issues that affect the tropical world. We have inspiring research supervisors who are skilled in supporting students (including busy working professionals) to obtain a research higher degree, whether a Masters degree by research, a Professional Doctorate or a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
- We work with community organisations, health service providers, professional bodies, governments international collaborators to advocate for effective policies, programs and partnerships that will benefit our communities.