All applicants for clinical elective placement must follow the process below.
No elective placement arrangements are to be made directly with hospital doctors.
Note: Due to the program’s increased popularity and the demand on the hospitals by increasing local student numbers, placements are not offered in all disciplines. There is also no guarantee an offer of placement will be made.
The process is broken down into steps. Although the final supporting documentation is not required to be completed until the applicant is informed of their success, if applicants wish, they may commence gathering the required documentation in anticipation.
Reminder: all documentation must be in English.
1. Block opens - Link made available on the Placement Dates and Application Deadlines page
2. Applicant clicks the link to apply online.
3. Applications are reviewed and communication is held with the various hospitals. Hospitals advise the College of Medicine and Dentistry placement availabilities.
4. All applicants for the relevant placement period, will be emailed advising the outcome of their application. Note: notification can take 4-8 weeks from the closing date.
5. If successful, the applicant:
For applicant’s information:
During the online application, applicants are required to email the following supporting documentation to email@example.com.
Further, the online application is where applicants: