JCU has one of the largest postgraduate public health training programs in Australia with close to 1000 students enrolled into our Master, Graduate Diploma and Graduate Certificate courses.
Our tropical location and strong links into the Asia Pacific region ideally place us to offer the Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, one of only two institutions to offer this worldwide.
We offer Master of Public Health majors in Aeromedical Retrieval, Disaster Health and Humanitarian Assistance, Communicable Disease Control and Health Promotion. There is also the opportunity to structure your Master’s study to include a substantial research component. This is particularly relevant if you are considering undertaking doctoral level research (Doctor of Public Health or Doctor of Philosophy) following completion of the Master’s degree.
Our Graduate Certificate programs offer students the opportunity to explore areas of public health practice and gain an academic qualification. This a good entry point into higher education if you want a less demanding program and upgrading to a Master’s program is possible.
- Graduate Certificate of Disaster Health and Humanitarian Assistance
- Graduate Certificate of Aeromedical Retrieval
- Graduate Certificate of Public Health
- Graduate Certificate of Travel Medicine
- Graduate Certificate of Health Economics
Our Graduate Diploma programs offer more focused study into areas of public health practice while still allowing some flexibility with a choice of elective subjects.
- Graduate Diploma of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Graduate Diploma of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
The core subjects in our Masters programs ensure you gain the foundation competencies expected of public health professionals while our elective subjects offer a wide range of specialties to suit your individual interests.
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Health-Master of Business Administration
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine