Courses and Scholarships
Interested in starting, or furthering, your career in Geoscience? Explore our courses on offer today.
Discover our Geoscience Honours Program!
The aim of the Honours Program in Earth Science is to develop and assess your ability to undertake independent research. Above all, the training you receive while undertaking an Honours degree will instil essential research skills and the development of research report writing skills. Honours students are traditionally required to complete a thesis which will assess a candidate's capacity as a potential scholar and researcher; in addition, the completion of coursework subjects as professional development training, will enhance a candidate's depth of knowledge.
Honours is available as full-time or part-time study. It should be considered as an important step in contributing to your future employability.
A degree in Earth Science Honours (Geology) is available with
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Science majoring in Geology or Earth Science
- Bachelor of Environmental Earth Science
- Bachelor of Marine Science
Applications are accepted for commencement in Study 1 or Study Period 2.
How to apply:
- Attend an Information Session.
- Review available projects and discuss with the supervisor your interest in the project.
- Submit a letter of interest to the Honours coordinator stating why you are interested in the project and include prospective supervisor response emails.
Dr Ioan Sanislav: firstname.lastname@example.org
- After all applications are reviewed, applicants will be advised by email the result of their application.
- Successful applicants can formally apply for Honours via Student Services.
- On acceptance of your offer you can then enrol.
Cap off your research training with our Doctor of Philosophy in Natural and Physical Sciences