- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Veterinary and Animal Science
Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Courses Professional Masters Courses
Professional Masters Courses
Develop advanced skills and knowledge through JCU's Professional Masters Courses.
You can study a:
- Master of Data Science
- Master of Engineering (Professional)
- Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying)
Masters Employability Program
Enhance your employability and advance your career in Australia and globally through the Masters Employability Program. This program is a unique feature of JCU's Professional Masters Courses and is based on the latest research, employment data and industry insights.
Students complete a structured co-curricular employability skills and development program, which runs for the duration of the degree. This includes a tailored plan to support individual employment objectives, beginning from semester one through to graduation.
As part of the JCU Masters Employability Program, students take part in meaningful industry placements. They will have opportunities to develop skills and build industry connections to maximise their employment outcomes.
JCU has partnered with employability experts Career Ahead to develop and deliver the program. Career Ahead work with more than 400 industry partners, and were the 2019 national winners of the Career Development Association of Australia award for Excellence in Practice – Organisation.
Masters Employability Program Units and Schedule
The Masters Employability Program is completed throughout the normal duration of the JCU professional masters program and includes:
- Employability skills sessions
- Work integrated learning placements, dependent on individual course requirements
- A structured co-curricular employability model, running for the duration of the award including industry events, job search bootcamps, networking skills, and career success profile mapping.