Through many years of experience in the wind engineering field, the Station has acted as consultant for industry, United Nations agencies, insurance bodies, and building regulatory authorities.
Why should you test your product?
- To understand the capabilities of your product and improve performance.
- Ensure efficient use of materials, saving you time and money!
- To ensure product survivability under severe wind loads.
- As a test for Australian and International Standards.
- To earn trust in the market place.
What do we test?
We have facilities for the structural evaluation of full scale houses through to roofing screws. Our philosophy is 'testing the system' and not an element in isolation.
- We have a wide range of facilities to support research, testing and consultancy associated with the performance of housing and other low rise buildings in response to severe wind events.
- We provide a comprehensive Test report that will provide you with the basis to further develop and accredit your product.
- Where standard test methods are not available the Station has developed its own techniques to accurately simulate the effects of wind pressures on structural elements. It has established itself as the leading independent testing authority in Australia for wind effects on buildings and components.
- Because of its high professional standards and integrity the Station has earned a position of confidence and trust within the R & D and marketing sections of many manufacturing companies.
The CTS is a NATA (National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia) accredited testing laboratory in the field of mechanical testing and operates in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025. For a list of our accredited tests refer to the NATA website.