Diploma of Higher Education Readiness Assessment
Not sure if you're ready for university?
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- MACRO New
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
If you’re unsure about your readiness for study at JCU, try the Readiness Assessment, a pre-enrolment online tool that offers prospective JCU students the opportunity to gauge their readiness for university study. It can be completed at your own pace and there is no time limit.
The assessment has four sections:
Personal readiness assessment
Numeracy assessment, and
Maths assessment, for those wishing to enrol in a course with a heavy emphasis on mathematics, such as Engineering, Physics and Accounting.
Prospective students who complete the assessment will receive feedback and, if necessary, referral advice. Some students may be referred to the JCU Tertiary Access Course (TAC), a free 6 month preparatory course offered in Cairns and Townsville twice a year.
After completing the readiness assessment, please send us an email to: email@example.com, to let us know you've completed the assessment. Please include your name and contact details. It may be useful to book an appointment with the pathways team to discuss the most suitable pathway to higher education success.
How to access the Readiness Assessment
Ready to begin? Click on the button below to get started.
At the Diploma of Higher Education page, click on Enrol. Please note that clicking on the Enrol button does not enrol you in the Diploma of Higher Education. However, it does allow you to sign up and take the online Readiness Assessment.
After you click on Enrol, a log in screen will appear. Scroll down and click on the link: Don't have an account? Create one now.
To create your account, you can make up and enter your user name and password. Your user name must contain a mix of letters and numbers and must not include any spaces.
Click on Go to Course.
Click on Readiness Assessment.
Click on Begin.
Go for it!
Try the online readiness assessment to receive feedback and study advice.