Diploma of Higher Education Readiness Assessment
Not sure if you're ready for university?
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Fish Passage Planning and Design
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
If you’re unsure about your readiness for study at JCU, try the Readiness Assessment, a pre-enrolment online tool that offers prospective JCU students the opportunity to gauge their readiness for university study. It can be completed at your own pace and there is no time limit.
The assessment has four sections:
Personal readiness assessment
Numeracy assessment, and
Maths assessment, for those wishing to enrol in a course with a heavy emphasis on mathematics, such as Engineering, Physics and Accounting.
Prospective students who complete the assessment will receive detailed feedback and, if necessary, referral advice. Some students may be referred to the JCU Tertiary Access Course (TAC), a free 6 month preparatory course offered in Cairns and Townsville twice a year.
After completing this readiness assessment, please send us an email to: email@example.com, to let us know you've completed the assessment. Please include your name and contact details. Alternatively call us on 4781 5740 to notify us that you have completed it. It may be useful to book an appointment with the pathways team to discuss the most suitable pathway to higher education success
How to access the Readiness Assessment
Ready to begin? Click on the button below to get started.
At the Diploma of Higher Education page, click on Enrol. Please note that clicking on the Enrol button does not enrol you in the Diploma of Higher Education. However, it does allow you to sign up and take the online Readiness Assessment.
After you click on Enrol, a log in screen will appear. If you have not previously used this tool, click on the link Don't have an account? Create one now.
To create your account, please enter your personal details as required. Your user name must contain a mix of letters and numbers and must not include any spaces.
Click on Go to Course.
Click on Content.
Click on Pre-Enrolment Readiness Test.
Go for it!
Try the online readiness assessment to receive feedback and study advice.