Why study a diploma at JCU?
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
A pathway to a degree
The Diploma of Higher Education gains you direct entry to a JCU undergraduate degree.
One of the advantages of studying a diploma at JCU is that as a student, you have access to all the facilities and resources of the University.
Courses for the real world
The diploma courses are designed to help you meet your career goals.
Our diploma courses are designed to offer you a pathway to university with specialisations in:
Engineering and Applied Science
Society and Culture
The diploma program is designed to provide you with all of the support necessary to be successful in your studies. This includes:
Specialist teachers and subjects: The core subjects provide you with the skills necessary to commence tertiary study. These subjects provide you with the foundational skills necessary for success in any degree. These subjects are taught by expert teachers.
PASS- Diploma subjects will also receive support through Peer Assisted Study Sessions. These sessions, led by trained facilitators help you maximise your results. Students who complete PASS are more likely to do well in their subjects.
Support Staff: Diploma students will have full access to a range of support staff to assist with their studies including: Learning advisors, student mentors, learning desk staff, careers staff, student life staff etc.
HECS-HELP is available for domestic students studying in a JCU Diploma Program.
For more information on fees help click here.