You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Off-campus participants will have access to JCU support and resources, as outlined below:
Services and Support
Online Accounts and Portals
All official communication will be sent to your JCU email account, so it is essential you check it regularly (at least twice per week). Any communication you have with the university will also need to come from your JCU email accounts as proof of identity. If you require any assistance with the online portals, please contact Infohelp.
View IT Essentials information regarding your online accounts, Office 365 Email service, free software packages and agreements, IT Help Desk, personal computer and mobile device use at our study centres, and much more.
The Learning Centre
The Learning Centre offers learning and peer support services, including:
- A help desk service for external participants via our contact form, and
- Online resources for refreshing your strategies for learning, reading, writing, maths and statistics.
Access our award winning Learning Centre to for the best possible learning experience.
JCU’s counselling service provides a free, professional, confidential and responsive service to help you manage personal issues that could impact on your studies at JCU. Bookings are essential and appointments are available by phone or Skype.
Whether you have a permanent disability or a temporary injury or condition which is affecting your study, AccessAbility Services aims to take a holistic approach to your life, taking into consideration the impact of health on your studies.
Safety and Wellbeing
All members of our university community, including our off-campus participants, have a right to feel welcome, respected and safe.
At JCU, we are committed to ensuring that our working and learning environment is free from discrimination and harassment. Safety and Wellbeing provides information about a range of safety and wellbeing issues including bullying and harassment, discrimination, assault, reporting incidents and emergency contacts.
Information regarding off-campus study can be found below:
How will JCU communicate with me?
All official communication regarding your enrolment is sent to your JCU email account. You must check your email regularly to ensure you don't miss anything important.
The module coordinator will communicate through email or comments and announcements on LearnJCU. While you may not have the opportunity to meet your module coordinator face-to-face, you can contact them by phone, email or via LearnJCU.
What kind of assessments will I have?
The Rural Generalist Program includes a range of assessments across the program. Examples of assessment tasks may include a:
- short presentation
- 500 word abstract
- short video
There will be no formal exams in the Rural Generalist Program.
How do I submit my assessments?
Assessments will be submitted via LearnJCU.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture