- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- About Us
- Our Staff
Research Centres and Programs
- Rural Generalist Program
- Cohort Doctoral Studies Program
- Contact Us
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Off-campus participants will have access to JCU support and resources, as outlined below:
Services and Support
Online Accounts and Portals
All official communication will be sent to your JCU email account, so it is essential you check it regularly (at least twice per week). Any communication you have with the university will also need to come from your JCU email accounts as proof of identity. If you require any assistance with the online portals, please contact Infohelp.
View IT Essentials information regarding your online accounts, Office 365 Email service, free software packages and agreements, IT Help Desk, personal computer and mobile device use at our study centres, and much more.
The Learning Centre
The Learning Centre offers learning and peer support services, including:
- A help desk service for external participants via our contact form, and
- Online resources for refreshing your strategies for learning, reading, writing, maths and statistics.
Access our award winning Learning Centre to for the best possible learning experience.
JCU’s counselling service provides a free, professional, confidential and responsive service to help you manage personal issues that could impact on your studies at JCU. Bookings are essential and appointments are available by phone or Skype.
Whether you have a permanent disability or a temporary injury or condition which is affecting your study, AccessAbility Services aims to take a holistic approach to your life, taking into consideration the impact of health on your studies.
Safety and Wellbeing
All members of our university community, including our off-campus participants, have a right to feel welcome, respected and safe.
At JCU, we are committed to ensuring that our working and learning environment is free from discrimination and harassment. Safety and Wellbeing provides information about a range of safety and wellbeing issues including bullying and harassment, discrimination, assault, reporting incidents and emergency contacts.
Information regarding off-campus study can be found below:
How will JCU communicate with me?
All official communication regarding your enrolment is sent to your JCU email account. You must check your email regularly to ensure you don't miss anything important.
The module coordinator will communicate through email or comments and announcements on LearnJCU. While you may not have the opportunity to meet your module coordinator face-to-face, you can contact them by phone, email or via LearnJCU.
What kind of assessments will I have?
The Rural Generalist Program includes a range of assessments across the program. Examples of assessment tasks may include a:
- short presentation
- 500 word abstract
- short video
There will be no formal exams in the Rural Generalist Program.
How do I submit my assessments?
Assessments will be submitted via LearnJCU.