JCU Campus Parking FAQs
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Information for Consultants and Contractors
- Major Project Information
- Townsville Campus Master Plan
- Cairns Master Plan 2019
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Burketown MICRRH Remote Housing
- Information for Contractors
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- MACRO New
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
FAQs relating to permit and casual paid parking at JCU Nguma-bada and Bebegu Yumba campuses..
Are parking permits required for JCU-branded vehicles?
No. JCU branded vehicles are exempt from requiring parking permits and can utilise the all day and four-hour permit zones.
What’s the best way to deal with rental cars?
The app is the preferred way to pay and is simple to set up and use. Once registered, it only takes a touch of a button to start and end your parking session. Parking machines can also be used for parking sessions.
What do staff or students need to do if they paid for an annual parking permit in Nguma-bada, but visit Bebegu Yumba (or vice versa)?
Parking permits are valid across both campuses, so there is no need to buy a permit for both campuses or pay for casual parking.
Will an annual pass for Nguma-bada be valid in Bebegu Yumba (or vice versa)?
Yes, parking permits can be used across both campuses.
When is the parking permit or casual paid parking required?
Permit or casual paid parking in permit areas is required between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours parking is free and without time restrictions.
Where will parking permit revenue go?
All revenue from parking will be directed back towards improving JCU transport options, including enhanced lighting, developing and improving car parks, and constructing end-of-ride facilities.
Are there any free parking areas at JCU Bebegu Yumba and JCU Nguma-bada?
I currently find it hard to find a car park. How does the new system improve parking?
JCU's campuses provide ample parking, with over 4,000 car parks across JCU Bebegu Yumba and 1,300 car parks at JCU Nguma-bada.
During the first few weeks of semester there is sometimes pressure on the high-use car parking areas, but for most of the semester there are always plenty of available car parks around campus.
Entrances to each major car park will display signage to indicate the number of parking bays available, and this will be built into the parking app, saving you time in trying to find a park.
The new system is designed to make it easier for students and staff to find a car park on campus. The 4-hour parking zones will free-up car parks by increasing turnover close to popular buildings. This will help those that want to stay on campus for shorter periods and find a park close to their building. For short visits students, staff and visitors can also use the premium parking bays where they can park for up to 30 minutes free of charge.