Townsville Campus Parking
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Campus Planning
- Information for Contractors
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
For the remainder of the calendar year 2020, parking will be free on both Townsville and Cairns campuses. This only applies to formal, marked car parks. Infringements will still be issued for parking on the grass, parking contrary to parking signs and parking in reserved parking bays.
From 2019, free and permit parking is available. Parking will move from permit stickers to vPermit, with options available for casual paid parking. Find out more about where the designated areas are on the Townsville Parking Map.
Peak parking demand occurs during early semester and the availability of parking spaces is limited during this period. Campus visitors are encouraged to make use of public transport, cycling and carpooling to reduce parking pressure during these peak demand times.
Full-year and half-year permit parking
The vPermit (virtual permit) system will be available from 2019 for JCU staff and students, and other affiliated personnel who wish to park their vehicles at the Townsville Campus.
Full year permits will cover the calendar year January to December, while half-year permits will cover January to June, and July to December.
vPermit eliminates the need for paper and sticker permits and will be available online.
Staff and students who wish to park in a permit area but do not wish to purchase a vPermit may opt to pay for parking per visit on a casual basis (see below) or park in free areas.
Drivers who wish to park in a permit area but do not wish to purchase a vPermit may opt to pay for per-visit parking on a casual basis or park in free areas.
CellOPark is a free and easy to use app which allows users to set up their own account and pay for parking quickly and easily, eliminating the need to display paper tickets. Vehicle registration is recorded when you start a parking session.
Alternatively, casual parking fees can be paid using the Pay-by-Plate Machine, which will be located on campus.
Failure to activate a paid parking session may incur a parking infringement.
Parking enquiries may be forwarded by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.