Townsville Campus CellOPark Casual Parking
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Campus Planning
- Information for Contractors
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Casual parking will be available through CellOPark. It's free to register and easy to use. Your vehicle registration is recorded when you start a parking session.
Paid parking applies to all vehicles between 8AM and 5PM Monday to Friday. Look for signs at the entrance of each carpark.
Available bays will be difficult to locate in early semester. Please consider alternative transport options during these peak times.
CellOPark requires users to nominated a payment method for casual parking fees:
Prepaid cards can be purchased from CellOPark online or via the app. Alternatively, prepaid cards can be purchased from the Co-op Bookshop.
Prepaid card payments will be deducted from a prepaid balance at the end of each transaction. Users can check their prepaid balance at any time.
Credit and/or debit card payments
Credit and/or debit card payments will be deducted monthly for all transactions incurred during the month. Users can track their monthly transactions at any time.
How to use CellOPark
Register with CellOPark to set up your payment option and activate parking sessions.
Create a CellOPark account, enter your contact and vehicle information and nominate a payment method. You can add the details of up to three vehicles.
Download the app
Download the app from the CellOPark website.
Open the app and select your location. You can scan the QR code on a parking zone sign or enter your car park zone number.
Enter your vehicle registration information and select START.
When you return to your vehicle, remember to deactivate your parking session.
Register by phone
Contact CellOPark on (07) 5646 5222 to initiate a parking session.
Nominate your vehicle registration information and enter the sign-posted 7-digit zone number to activate your parking session.
You must have caller ID enabled so the CellOPark system can identify you. Call the CellOPark number again to deactivate your parking session.
Activate a parking session
To activate your parking session online, log into your account and select Live Parking. Nominate your location, the sign-posted 7-digit zone number, your vehicle registration and select START.
You will need to deactivate your parking session by logging in and selecting STOP.
Tips for using CellOPark
If you require support for the CellOPark app or website, or you wish to query parking fees, please dial 1300 CellOPark or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your session is active when you see the timer start. Don’t forget to stop your session when you finish.
Check your registration details are correct if you use more than one vehicle.
In all day zones, you have ten minutes before you are charged the All Day rate. This allows you time to correct errors such as starting a session with the incorrect registration details.
If you park in a daily zone or a capped zone, your parking session will be capped at the daily rate, even if you forget to stop the app.
If you forget to stop the app in the 4-hour parking zone (Yellow zone) your parking session will be capped at $2.25 for the day.
If the app is not working or your phone is not compatible with the app, please contact CellOPark on (07) 5646 5222 to start and stop a session.
Manage your payment type, registration details and personal details, check your parking charges and download invoices online at CellOPark.