Supporting Students with Disability Workshop is primarily for course coordinators and FY coordinators, however all staff are welcome to attend.
Townsville: Eddie Koiki Mabo Library Bldg - Room 018-002B (iLearning 2)
- Presenter Marion MacGregor Burgess (AccessAbility Advisor)
Cairns: The Cairns Institute Bldg - Room D003-059
- Presenters: Hollie Swanton and Jenny West (AccessAbility Advisors)
Topics covered include:
- Understand the issues for students with a disability in a Tertiary Environment
- Understand the JCU supports available for students with a disability
- Understand and know how to implement the roles & responsibilities for both students and staff at JCU
- Increased awareness, understanding and skills for inclusive teaching, working with AccessAbility Services and implementation of reasonable adjustments
- Apply the guiding principles and relevant legislations
- Develop an understanding of how to approach obstacles for SWD now and into the future
- Generate a resource list of supports to assist you
Please register via the online registration form to attend this workshop. This sessions are only available in Cairns and Townsville as they are being presented face to face only. For more information please contact Learning, Teaching and Student Engagement.