Systematic Review Masterclass (2 Day)
Where: At James Cook University
Room 020, Building B1 - Library, Cairns Campus
Please note this is a two day Masterclass, both days will run from 9am - 5pm. Please register and attend both days.
This Masterclass will be facilitated by Prof Adrian Esterman and Prof Alan Clough. The two day Masterclass will go through the steps of creating a systematic review and in small groups you will create and report back on a small review you have just created. About half the time will be supported practice. Topics covered in the workshop include:
- Introduction, and overview of systematic reviews, including Cochrane, SR and scoping reviews
- Systematic review methods in detail
- Participants split in to twos or threes, and each group provided with a research topic
- Participants undertake a brief systematic review in their groups with the support of Professors Esterman and Clough and librarians.
- Participants present their findings with a short Powerpoint presentations in the afternoon of day 2.
The library will provide a basic morning tea. Lunch is at participants discretion.
The Masterclass is open to HDRs and academic and research staff of JCU.
NOTE: This is a 2 day event, July 11 and 12, 2019