- Virtual Careers Fair
- The Employability Edge
- Job Skills for Now and the Future
- Effective Job Search Strategies
- Winning Job Applications
- Interviews and the Pitch
- Conversations with Alumni Series: Sharing the Earth – Humans, Fauna and Flora
- JCU Inspiration on Tap
- Innovation Foundations: Human-centred design and Lean Startup @ JCU
- Multifaith Blessing of the Academic Year
- Sunshine Coast Drop-In Sessions
- Better Brain Health for Our Region and the Global Tropics
JCU Events Innovation Foundations: Human-centred design and Lean Startup @ JCU
Innovation Foundations: Human-centred design and Lean Startup @ JCU
Where: Building 4, JCU Ideas Lab, JCU Cairns, Nguma-bada campus, Smithfield
It seems that every job description these days asks for the ability to innovate – but very little time is actually spent talking about what that means. Over the past five years, human-centred design and the lean startup methodology have both moved out of niche tech companies, and into the mainstream. Using these tools is quickly becoming a required skill in all organisations.
Join us at this free seminar as we talk about the latest tools to create and design innovative solutions. Whether you are a budding entrepreneur and want to learn the basic tools of the trade, or just want to understand how you can use design-thinking processes in your day-to-day job – this is the session for you!
Topics we’ll cover will include:
- What is design-thinking, when does it work well, and what it's not great for?
- What is the lean startup process?
- What is the business model canvas and the lean canvas, and how do they differ?
- What do we mean by validation?
- How might we use these tools in our day-to-day jobs?
The session will be held in the JCU Ideas Lab, Ideate Space. It will be presented by the JCU Innovation Facilitator, Keith Sue.
JCU Connect | firstname.lastname@example.org