The Business Excellence Series in the Tropics (BEST) is brought to you by JCU.
JCU BEST features a series of presentations by prominent community, industry and government leaders who share their knowledge and experience on a range of topical themes, issues, challenges and trends.
JCU BEST engages a high calibre of speakers, recognised both nationally and internationally. The event provides a unique opportunity for business networking and keeps you up to date with the latest developments at JCU.
Who attends 'BEST'?
These events are always well attended by prominent regional business leaders, high ranking Defense personnel, regional political and public figures and interested members of the general public, business community and education sector.
Features and format
Each 'BEST' event is held over breakfast and features a keynote presentation, followed by a panel discussion with the guest speaker and local industry leaders. 'BEST' events are held twice a year in Townsville with events held around May/June and October/November each year.
- Lisa Messenger - Founder and CEO of Collective Hub
- Nic Marchesi and Lucas Patchett – Co-founders, Orange Sky Laundry
- Holly Ransom – CEO, Emergent
- Mia Freedman – Co-founder of Mamamia Women's Network
- Lieutenant General David Morrison AO – Australian of the Year 2016
- The Hon. Tim Fischer AC – Former Australian Deputy Prime Minister
- Ita Buttrose – Australian journalist, businesswoman, television personality and author
- Kristina Keneally – Former Australian politician
- Phil Ruthven – Founder and Director of IBISWorld
- Jeff Kennett – Former Australian politician who was the 43rd Premier of Victoria
- Tom Potter – Founder of pizza chain Eagle Boys
- Bob Ansett – Founder of Budget Rent A Car System
For more information about JCU BEST please contact the JCU Marketing Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (07) 4781 6838.