Sample courses from a teaching degree and get a taste of university life by studying two online introductory JCU Bachelor of Education subjects. This sample will provide vital knowledge and develop key skills that you will need as a future university student and as a future teacher. Doing your best to develop yourself as an educator will set you up to be a positive influence and important resource in the lives and education of your students.
You are eligible to apply for the Future Teachers Program if you are:
a current Year 11 or 12 student
achieving a minimum grade of B across all subjects, including a General English* and General Mathematics* subject, or equivalent grades in interstate ATAR or IB Diploma subjects.
[*] QCAA General Subjects that meet the English and Mathematics prerequisite include: English, Literature, English as an Additional Language, English and Literature Extension, Mathematical Methods, Specialist Mathematics.
You will also need to have approval from your school and the support of your parents or guardian.
You are eligible to apply for the Future Teachers Program if you are current Year 11 or 12 student enrolled at one of the following schools:
Emerald SHS Gladstone SHS Mirani SHS Moranbah SHS Proserpine SHS Sarina SHS Tully SHS Innisfail State College Malanda SHS Smithfield SHS Trinity Bay SHS Charters Towers School of Distance Education Charters Towers SHS Kirwan SHS Spinifex State College Thuringowa SHS
Under the Future Teachers Program, you can choose two of the following JCU Education subjects to study online:
2. School contact emails collated application forms to JCU Admissions, noting they are for the Future Teachers Program
3. JCU process all applications and send offers for each student via email to the school contact.
4. School contact assists all students to follow the instructions in the offer letters to obtain user credentials, log in to the student portal and accept their offer for Non-Award Study. These user credentials will also allow the student to login to LearnJCU.
5. School contact emails JCU Admissions to advise offers have been accepted and to request enrolment in subject(s). Email should confirm which subject(s) each student is to enrol in.
6. JCU enrols students in the appropriate subjects and advises the school contact once complete.