Terms and conditions
Participants of the 'Study Explorer' and 'Campus Explorer' programs are required to abide by the following:
- Schools will provide appropriate teacher supervision for the number of students attending. Minimum of one teacher per class.
- Teachers will have duty of care / supervision duty for the entire event.
- Schools pay for student transport and are requested to notify James Cook University (JCU) of any change in the number of students attending the on-campus program, at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Student media release forms need to be completed and signed prior to the event and provided to JCU staff upon arrival.
- JCU staff must be made aware of individual students who do not have completed media consent at the beginning of the 'Campus Explorer' events.
- JCU retains the right to change the Campus Explorer / Study Explorer program if required. Notification will be provided to schools, if time allows.
What to bring
- Students will need to provide their own morning tea, lunches and water bottles.
- Students may purchase food and drink if they have school / parental permission, however there will be limited time to do so.
- Teachers and students must wear closed-in footwear throughout the entire 'Campus Explorer' event.
- Students and teachers are encouraged to wear hats, sunscreen and carry a personal water bottle.