You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
The Student Centre is your one-stop shop for general enquiries including enrolment, fees, student loans, scholarships, course and subject information, obtaining Student ID cards and timetable issues.
Student Identification Card
A student identification (ID) card is a must for all students.
The Student ID Card is proof that you are a JCU student and although you do not need an ID card to access off-campus Library services, it will be required if your subject has exams on campus and if you wish to access on campus services throughout your studies. Your ID card will also give you access to student discounts and concessions off-campus.
For instructions on how to apply, see the Student ID card website.
- Teaching weeks
- Census dates
- Payment due dates
- Last date to withdraw without academic penalty
- Lecture recesses
- Study week
- Exam dates
- Last day to register for classes
- Results publication date
For additional information see Key dates explained.
Student Online Accounts and Portals
It is essential you understand JCU’s online services before you start your studies. Online portals you will regularly use include eStudent, LearnJCU, JCU student email and StudentsOnline. All official communication will be sent to your JCU email account, so it is essential you check it regularly (at least twice per week). Any communication you have with the university will also need to come from your JCU email accounts as proof of identity. If you require any assistance with the online portals, please contact Infohelp.
Student IT Essentials
View Student IT Essentials information regarding your online accounts, Office 365 Email service, free software packages and agreements, IT Help Desk, personal computer and mobile device use at our study centres, and much more.
Prescribed textbooks will be listed in your Subject Outline via LearnJCU.
You can buy new and second-hand textbooks online, through the Co-op Bookshop (postage is free for orders over $50 with Australia).
If you live 50km or more from either the Cairns or Townsville campuses, you can use the Off-Campus Library Service to borrow books.
Student Conduct, Rights and Responsibilities
JCU values its students and placed them at the heart of the university. The JCU Student Charter promotes mutual respect and sets out what students can expect of JCU and what JCU expects from its students in terms of conduct and respecting the rights of others.
There are also a range of student policies related to your rights and responsibilities, including exam and fee policies, student forms as well as the JCU Student Contract which details the terms and conditions you agreed to when you accepted your offer at JCU.
Sometimes coming to university can feel like you are learning a whole new language. The following resources are designed to assist you with understanding university terminologies:
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture