You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Off-Campus Student Story
Our award-winning Student Mentor Program links our new students with experienced, trained students in the same course of study as you. They volunteer their time to support new students through their first study period and settle into university life.
JCU Student Association
The JCU Student Association (JCUSA) consists of elected students that represent the interests of students at JCU.
The Student Advocacy Officers in Townsville and Cairns offer independent, non-judgemental advice, advocacy and representation for all students.
JCU’s Counselling Service provides a free, professional, confidential and responsive service to help you manage personal issues that could impact on your studies at JCU. Bookings are essential and appointments are available by phone or Skype.
AccessAbility Services is a free and confidential support service for JCU students who have identified and registered as having a short or long term disability, injury, illness or health condition. The service provides access to practical advice, assistive technology, and academic adjustment support, so you can work to your full potential while at university.
Safety and Wellbeing
All members of our university community have a right to feel welcome, respected and safe. At JCU, we are committed to ensuring that our working and learning environment is free from discrimination and harassment. The JCU Safety and Wellbeing website provides information about a range of safety and wellbeing issues including bullying and harassment, discrimination, assault, reporting incidents and emergency contacts.
James Cook University values and celebrates the diversity of our community and is committed to ensuring our learning and working environments are safe and welcoming.
JCU is proud to be part of the Respect. Now. Always. campaign - a national initiative led by Universities Australia to highlight our determination to ensure our students and staff are safe from discrimination and sexual harassment. Further information about the campaign and free services available for students can be found on the Safety and Wellbeing website.
The Student Conflict Support website is a self-help resource to assist students in managing conflict. If offers a range of video case studies and resource sheets to support students in managing conflict and a referral resource should student need further support.
Careers and Employability
JCU's friendly Careers and Employability service staff can help you with career decision making and action plans, graduate information, job search strategies, job application checking and LinkedIn profile development via email or phone appointments.
Our website has lots of helpful resources and programs you can access to help improve your graduate employment prospects from day one. You can also find listings of part-time, casual, volunteer, vacation and graduate work opportunities on JCU CareerHub.
There are a number of support options available to help you with the cost of studying, including student loan programs to help with subject fees, or scholarships that award you money to help pay for study materials and textbooks. This video will also help you to understand the costs associated with going to university.
If you are coming onto campus, check out the interactive campus maps for building locations as well as parking and permit information. There are a number of 24-hr computer labs on campus and you will need your JCU ID card to gain entry.
Information for Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students
JCU’s Indigenous Education and Research Centre staff are here to support you through your whole journey while at University and even after you graduate.
We provide assistance with your studies and access to free coaching to help with assignments, or prepare for exams. Our Indigenous Student Support Advisors are available to help answer any questions and offer support, whether it be about study plans, scholarship information or to help you develop strategies for time management and planning.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture