You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Take the Library tour and attend the Library sessions offered during orientation. Visit the Library website to learn about facilities and services, and to discover books, e-books, online journal articles, videos and more via One Search. Browse or search the subject LibGuides for essential information and resources relevant to your study areas. Also, check out the Top Library Tips videos and take the Info Skills Road Trip to learn more about how to find and use research information at university.
The Learning Centre
The Learning Centre is located at the Townsville and Cairns campus libraries and is your one-stop-shop for academic assistance, support and advice. There are a range of resources to assist in Getting Started which will help you manage your time efficiently (PDF, 244 KB) and discover active learning strategies to help with your studies.
The Learning Centre also offers free access to short courses and workshops and a wide range of resources to help with assignments, skills to develop your English, maths and statistics, and exams. You can also contact a Learning Advisor.
First Year Experience Coordinators
Every course at JCU has a designated First Year Experience Coordinator who is an academic staff member that teaches commencing students and understands the challenges that new students often face when transitioning into university. These coordinators can help provide advice about your course, support service referrals, and strategies for success in your studies.
College Student Support Officers
The College Student Support Officers can help you succeed at university by acting as the first point of contact to help manage your study load and access support services.
The contact details for the College Student Support officers can be located via the following link under the Student Support Officers menu.
LearnJCU is the online teaching and learning space for everything to do with your subject(s), including:
- Subject outlines
- Assessment information
- Staff contact details
- Subject reading and lecture materials
- Collaboration tools
- Discussion forums, and
- Assignment submissions.
You can access subject information in LearnJCU up to two weeks before the start of the teaching period.
Access LearnJCU from the Students drop-down menu at the top of the JCU website homepage or download the Blackboard Mobile Learn app for your mobile device. Use your JCU username and password to log in.
Lecturers often make their subject sites unavailable in LearnJCU prior to the start of study period so they can update the subject materials. Don’t panic if your subject information doesn’t appear, it will re-appear in a day or so.
Academic integrity is a fundamental principle in universities and new students must learn how to integrate the work of experts into their own and apply the correct academic referencing style for each subject.
Students must show the source of all the ideas and information they use in their assessment items, and must not submit someone else’s work as their own. This is plagiarism and the penalties at university can be severe. Academic staff use electronic tools to detect plagiarism in student work.
The Learning Centre and the Library offer online modules and workshops about academic writing and referencing.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture