You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Student Portals and IT Essentials
It is essential you understand JCU’s online services before you start your studies. These tools will help you access important information about your studies, including your subject resources.
Online portals you will regularly use include:
Our app lets you access JCU systems without needing to log in again. It also offers personalised class and exam timetables, maps and information about what's on and where to get support. You can use it in your browser or on your Apple and Android devices.
All official communication will be sent to your JCU email account, so it is essential you check it regularly (at least twice per week even during University breaks), including any Junk or Clutter folders. Any communication you have with the University will also need to come from your JCU email accounts as proof of identity.
If you require any assistance with the online portals, please contact InfoHelp.
See Student IT Essentials for information relating to:
- Your JCU online accounts
- Free software and agreements including your JCU Office 365 subscription
- Access to computer labs and printing
- Use of your personal computer and/or mobile device on campus
- IT Help Desk ... and much more.
JCU Student Centre
The Student Centre is your one-stop shop for general enquiries relating to enrolment, fees, student loans, scholarships, course and subject information, obtaining Student ID cards and timetable issues.
Student Identification Card
A student identification (ID) card is a must for all students. You will need an ID card to access buildings on campus, borrow from the library, access print services and during exams.
Visit the Student ID Card page for more information including how to apply for your ID Card.
- Teaching weeks
- Census dates
- Payment due dates
- Last date to withdraw without academic penalty
- Lecture recesses
- Study week
- Exam dates
- Last day to register for classes
- Results publication date
For additional information, see Key dates explained.
Prescribed textbooks will be listed in your Subject Outline via LearnJCU.
You can purchase new and second hand textbooks online, as well as on campus through the Co-op Bookshop.
Copies of all textbooks are also available for short-term loan from the Library.
Student Conduct, Rights and Responsibilities
JCU values its students and placed them at the heart of the university.
The JCU Student Charter promotes mutual respect and sets out what students can expect of JCU and what JCU expects from its students in terms of conduct and respecting the rights of others.
There are also a range of student policies related to your rights and responsibilities, including exam and fee policies and student forms, as well as the Student Contract which details the terms and conditions you agreed to when you accepted your offer at JCU.
Sometimes coming to university can feel like you are learning a whole new language. The following resources are designed to assist you with understanding university terminologies:
Student Help at JCU
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture