JCU Global Experience Outbound Exchange
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- MACRO New
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
The Global Experience Program directly achieves the outcomes of the University Plan 2018-2022 by increasing opportunities for students to gain international experience and developing graduates who have the knowledge, skills and disposition to succeed in a global workforce.
JCU student Dean Reading talks about his exchange experience at Oregon State University in the USA.
JCU Global Experience
Why participate in the exchange program?
The Global Experience Program offers opportunities to study overseas for one or two semesters as part of your degree. Being able to experience another culture for prolonged periods of time is the best way to understand another culture. In turn, this allows for a deeper understanding of our own culture as we interact with and learn from others.
At JCU, we encourage you to develop cross-cultural connections and new perspectives to take into your life beyond JCU. We want all graduates to appreciate and understand the differences and interdependencies that connect us all globally.
Who is eligible?
Exchange is not available to Education, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Vet Science, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy or Physiotherapy courses. These degrees can access short study programs only.
Why studying overseas benefits students
There are a wide variety of benefits that an exchange program offers students:
- Introduces students to exciting new ways of seeing and knowing.
- Allows for students to pursue special academic interests in a fresh context, including service learning or an internship.
- Helps students develop a new international perspective on their major/minor and career path.
- Gives students the opportunity to explore in-depth aspects of the history, society, and culture of the host country.
- Provides a valuable opportunity to study a language.
- Develops students' executive functioning and emotional resiliency skill sets.
Exchange program application deadlines
- SP1 Exchange Program – Application due 1 June prior year
- SP2 Exchange Program – Applications due 1 December prior year
Contact a Global Experience Team member
Click on your campus location below to book an appointment and start your exchange journey.