Management Center Innsbruck

Area of Study Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Social Work
Course Language(s) English, German
Average Credit Load 30 ECTS
Semester dates Fall September to February
Spring November to March

About the University

Founded in 1995/96 as a mainstay of the unique Innsbruck Open University concept, Management Center Innsbruck has earned a top position in the international landscape of higher education. Today, more than 3,200 students, 1,000 faculty, 240 partner universities from all over the world, and countless graduates and employers value highly what the Entrepreneurial School® has to offer.


Innsbruck, Austria

Innsbruck, capital of Austria’s western state of Tyrol, is a city in the Alps that's long been a destination for winter sports. Innsbruck is also known for its Imperial and modern architecture. The Nordkette funicular, with futuristic stations designed by architect Zaha Hadid, climbs up to 2,256m from the city center for skiing in winter and hiking or mountaineering in warmer months.

Exchange information

Courses available

For courses available in English refer to the MCI website.


The Austrian Agency for International Mobility and Cooperation in Education, Science and Research (OeAD) arranges rooms in student dormitories for a small monthly fee. This is the easiest and most convenient way for exchange students to find relatively inexpensive housing. MCI cooperates with the dormitory “Internationales Studentenhaus” (ISH). Exchange students can also book a room at ISH via MCI.

Cost of living

Cost of living varies depending on personal needs, the estimated cost of living for one month including accommodation, food, health insurance, transport, textbooks and supplies and spending is estimated at EUR 1100-1500.

See current exchange rate.

Visa requirements

If you do not hold EU/EEA or Swiss citizenship, you have to apply for a residence visa D and/or a residence permit depending on how long you plan to stay in Austria. If you stay between 91 days and 6 months, as most exchange students do, you need a residence visa D (Aufenthaltsvisum D). Exceptions may apply. The residence visa D also entitles you to travel to other Schengen countries for up to ninety days during its validity period. Visas cannot be extended in Austria.

Other information

By law, all students must have sufficient health cover for their stay in Austria to become registered as a student at an Austrian university and/or to apply for a student visa/residence permit.

Please also note that international students must register with the Office of Registration and Residents’ Affairs within three days of their arrival in Austria

Search Again