Mount Royal University

Area of Study Arts and Humanities, Biology, Business, Creative Arts, Education, Environmental Practice, Environment and Geoscience, Indigenous Studies, Languages, Politics, Psychology, Science, Social Work
Course Language(s) English
Average Credit Load 9-15 credits
Semester dates Winter January - April
Fall September - December

About the University

Established in 1910, Mount Royal is now home to more than 13,000 students. Its central location gives easy access to all that Calgary has to offer, from shopping to sports events, from concerts to art galleries, from downtown’s hottest nightlife to an abundance of year-round outdoor activities. More information on Mount Royal University.


Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Calgary, a cosmopolitan Alberta city with numerous skyscrapers, owes its rapid growth to its status as the centre of Canada’s oil industry. However, it’s still steeped in the western culture that earned it the nickname “Cowtown,” evident in the Calgary Stampede, its massive July rodeo and festival that grew out of the farming exhibitions once presented here. At the foot of the Rocky Mountains, Calgary is a great jumping off point for outdoor and adventure activities in nature.

Exchange information

Courses available

To find out more information on courses available go to the MRU website.


The Main Residence at Mount Royal in central Calgary consists of shared 4 bedroom units. Each unit includes a kitchen, living room and bathroom. A homestay program is also available for some students. Speak to the International Office or visit their site for more information.

Cost of living

Cost of living varies depending on personal needs, the estimated cost of living for one semester including on-campus accommodation, food, health insurance, transport, textbooks and supplies and spending is estimated at CAD 5500. Use the MRU Budget calculator for an accurate assessment and review the current exchange rate.

Visa requirements

Australian exchange students who will be studying in Canada for less than six months do not need a Study Permit. If you intend to study for a full year you must apply for a Study Permit.

Search Again