University of Hertfordshire

Area of Study Arts and Humanities, Biomedicine, Biology, Business, Creative Arts, Education, Engineering, Environmental Practice, Environment and Geoscience, Information Technology, Languages, Law, Politics, Psychology, Science, Social Work, Sports and Exercise Science, Zoology
Course Language(s) English
Average Credit Load 60 UK Credits
Semester dates September - January
January - May

About the University

As one of the Top 150 universities in the world under 50, the University of Hertfordshire is proud of its success as an innovative University with a fantastic heritage and a high standard of teaching that allows our students to excel in a career anywhere in the world. They have also been recognised among the top 20% of the world's most international universities in the Times Higher Education World University rankings 2016. The university is committed to giving overseas students the best experience possible and, with more than 2,800 international students from over 100 countries worldwide, you will never feel alone.


Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England

Hatfield is a town and civil parish in Hertfordshire, England, in the borough of Welwyn Hatfield. It had a population of 29,616 in 2001, and 39,201 at the 2011 Census. The settlement is of Saxon origin. Hertfordshire is a county in southern England, bordered by Bedfordshire to the north, Cambridgeshire to the north-east, Essex to the east, Buckinghamshire to the west and Greater London to the south.

Exchange information

Courses available

For more information on courses available, visit the UH website.


You can live on campus within the University halls of residence, at an off campus University managed property, or in a private rental. Compare accommodation options.

Cost of living

Cost of living varies depending on personal needs, the estimated cost of living for one semester including on-campus accommodation, food, health insurance, transport, textbooks and supplies and spending is estimated at GBP 190-280 per week.

See current exchange rates.

Visa requirements

All non-EEA nationals who want to study in the UK must hold valid immigration permission that allows study in the UK. Information on how to apply.

Search Again