You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Short Study Programs
Is a 6 or 12 month exchange not suitable for you? Would you prefer to only study 2-6 weeks overseas? Several of JCU’s partner universities offer short programs which can be credited towards your JCU degree. Short study opportunities are also available through various Australian Organisations
Australian Organisations – short programs & internships
Offers various general and specialised programs across all disciplines. Application deadlines and fees vary by program.
Offers various general and specialised programs across all disciplines in 26 countries. Application deadlines and fees vary by program.
Health and Medicine Placements
Work the World offers tailor-made healthcare placements across multiple disciplines in Asia, Africa and Latin America. No application deadline, fees vary by program. Disciplines include: Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and Exercise Science.
Division of Tropical Health and Medicine Placements
While not eligible for exchange, health and medicine degrees are eligible to go on overseas placements. You can find out more about available placements by emailing email@example.com.
The Nursing degree has included one elective subject into their new Bachelor of Nursing program. This means students may be able to take a subject overseas in their breaks – subjects have to be health-related but they’re willing to work with students. Students should look to do this subject in their 2nd year. Examples include Paediatric winter school in Sweden with Jonkoping University and Youth with a Mission (YWAM) Mercy Ships to Papua New Guinea.
Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what programs are suitable and available at the time.
JCU Partner Universities – short programs
Most short programs hosted by JCU partner universities require that you pay fees directly to them. This applies even though we have an exchange agreement in place.
Universidad San Francisco de Quito – Multiple options
This program is aimed at undergraduate and postgraduate students from varying disciplines. The Program appeals to students studying evolution, ecology, conservation, marine biology, marine ecology, people, politics, environment and sustainable tourism.
Dates: Dependent on program chosen
Accommodation: USFQ matches interested international students with carefully screened host families in Quito. Host families are required to provide students with their own bedroom (bathroom may be shared), Wifi internet access, and two meals per day (breakfast and dinner).
Tuition Fee: varies dependent on chosen program
More Information: USFQ international student programs
Hessen Universities Winter/Summer schools
Limited scholarships are available for the Hessen Universities Winter and Summer Universities (IWU and ISU) from the Hessen Ministry of Higher Education, Research and the Arts. These scholarships cover tuition, accommodation and German health insurance.
The Hessen-Queensland Exchange offers short-term study abroad options twice a year. They are all English-taught and include an intensive German language course.
- There are five Hessen International Summer Universities (ISU) in six different locations in Hessen. They take place for four weeks between June and August; and
- There are three Hessen International Winter Universities (IWU) in three different locations in Hessen. They take place for four weeks between December and January.
Some of the short-term programs are part of a semester combination package program. Find out more about the semester program packages.
Applications are due into the JCU Global Mobility Office by September 30th for the Winter Schools, and March 15th for the Summer Schools - contact the JCU Global Mobility Office at email@example.com for further details regarding the application process.
Berlin School of Economics and Law – Berlin International Summer School
Six different programs are offered: The European Union in a Global World; European Business and Economics Programme; Markets and Management in Europe; How Europe Works: Institutions and Law in the EU; Learn the Language, Understand the Culture; and From Freehand Sketch to Optimized Product: Computational Structural Mechanics and Fluid Dynamics.
Dates: Jun-Jul each year (exact dates depend on program)
Deadline: 15 March
Tuition Fee: €1,100-1,650 (depending on the program).
More Information: Berlin International Summer School
University of Marburg – International Summer University Marburg
The program is focused on Europe and the Middle East in Transition, and the four modules offer multiple perspectives on this topic. The modules available are Politics and International Relations; Business and Economics; Cultural Studies and Sociology; and EU, Germany and the Middle East.
Dates: Jul-Aug each year
Deadline: 15 Mar each year
Tuition Fee: €1,990
More Information: International Summer University Marburg
University of Udine – Intensive Language and Culture
This is an intensive Italian language and culture studies program.
Dates: Jun- July each year
Deadline: 29 May
Tuition Fee: €600 (excluding accommodation and text books)
More Information: Intensive Language and Culture
Management Centre Innsbruck
Join and Engineer Your Entrepreneurial Spirit with one of the following:
* Innovation & Start-Up (3 ECTS credits)
* Business Ethics (3 ECTS credits)
* Digital Entrepreneurship (3 ECTS credits)
* Digital Marketing (3 ECTS credits)
* New Product Design (3 ECTS credits)
* Renewable Energy (3 ECTS credits)
* Water Polllution Control (3 ECTS credits)
Dates: February 03-22,2020
Deadline: 10 December 2019
Tuition fees: €1990 check with Global Mobility as tuition fee may be waivered
Other Costs: accommodation (€480) airfare, visa, or any personal expenses such as meals
More Information: MCI WInter Program
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (RAPU) – Summer APU Gateway Program
This is a Japanese language and culture course and is designed to expand your knowledge of Japanese and Asia Pacific cultures and deepen your intercultural understanding.
Dates: Jun-Jul each year
Deadline: Early March
Tuition Fee: ¥500,300 (including accommodation).
More Information: Summer APU Gateway Program
Chung Ang University – International Winter Program
The International Winter Program is a hybrid program providing you with a window into Korea through courses and cultural experiences.
Dates: 27 Jan-12 Feb each year
Deadline: 9 Jan each year
Tuition Fee: KRW1,900,000 (including accommodation)
More Information: International Winter Program
Chung Ang University – International Summer Program
The International Summer Program offers two sessions. The first focuses on learning and experiencing Korean society and culture, whilst the second focuses on learning the Korean language.
Dates: 24 Jun-22 Jul (Session 1) and 4-22 Aug (Session 2) TBC
Deadline: 30 May (Session 1) and 30 Jun (Session 2) TBC
Tuition Fee: KRW900,000 (Session 1) and KRW800,000 (Session 2) TBC
More Information: International Summer Program
University of Southampton – International Summer School
When you join the International Summer School, you are booking your place to become part of an internationally recognised centre for world-class research, enterprise and learning. Across four weeks, you will meet many of the students and staff that make the University of Southampton one of the top 100 of universities globally.
Dates: mid July - mid August each year
Deadline: 1 June
Tuition Fee: 3,350 GBP (including accommodation).
More Information: International Summer School
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture