You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
- About JCUJCU Connect
- Cairns Institute External
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Courses and Study
- Why JCU?
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary Science
Course by level
Cities, campuses and study centres
- Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Fees and Financial Support
Exams & Results
- Student forms
The Learning Centre
- Learning Centre Services
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Booklets
- Safe work and study at JCU
Research and Teaching
I want to...
About JCU Research
- Research Performance
Research Centres and Institutes
- Division of Research & Innovation
- Celebrating Research @JCU
- JCU Research Contacts
- Master's by Research
- Fees and Scholarships
- I want to...
Partners and Community
- Inbound Exchange
- Experience Singapore Program
- Short Study Programs
Outbound Exchange Program
- Apply Now
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Arts & Humanities Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Business Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Computer Science Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Education Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Engineering Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Environment and Geosciences Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Environmental Practice Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Languages Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Law Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Marine Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Social Work Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Sports & Excercise Science Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Zoology & Ecology Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Contact Us
Many countries and embassies offer scholarships to students. If you study a language, speak to your lecturer; they may know of specific language scholarships. There are also community based scholarships through organisations such as Rotary.
The JCU Global Mobility Office currently has some scholarship and/or financial assistance opportunities for students wishing to study in Austria (Johannes Kepler University provides some living expenses scholarships). Contact us for more specific details.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers several scholarship options for students going to Germany. See their website for further information.
The New Colombo Plan (NCP) is an Australian Government initiative that offers Australian undergraduates who are Australian citizens new opportunities for prestigious scholarships and grants for study and internships/mentorships in the Indo-Pacific.
The Australian Government (AG) Department of Education funds the Endeavour Short Term Mobility program as well as the ECKSEP funding programs. JCU distributes the awards on behalf of Department of Education and the award is available to selected JCU students studying at a partner institution in a country for which JCU has been awarded funding.
Recipients must be Australian citizens or permanent residents and must be studying at undergraduate level. If eligible, you are automatically considered for an award if you apply to a partner institution in one of the countries listed below.
The following 2019 awards are available to JCU exchange students (Australian citizens only) and are awarded on GPA:
- EKSEP $5000 AUD - study in Japan
- NCPSEM $7000 AUD - study in Japan
Overseas Higher Education Loan Program (OS-HELP) is a federal government loan scheme to assist eligible undergraduate students to undertake some of their course of study overseas. Please note that this is a loan and any fees will be added to your HELP debt.
For 2018, the maximum you can borrow for a six-month study period is:
- $6,665 (if you will not be studying in Asia); or
- $7,998 if you will be studying in Asia; and- an additional $1,065 if you will be undertaking Asian language study in preparation for study in Asia.
If you are currently receiving financial assistance from Centrelink, you may be eligible to continue receiving Centrelink payments whilst participating in the Exchange Program. The Global Mobility Office will write you a letter which states that you will be a full-time enrolled student whilst on exchange which you take to a Centrelink office to ensure continued payment.
Please talk to the Global Mobility Office for more information about any of the above.