You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
- About JCUJCU Connect
- Cairns Institute External
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
- Why JCU?
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary Science
Course by level
Cities, campuses and study centres
- Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Fees and Financial Support
Exams & Results
- Student forms
The Learning Centre
- Learning Centre Services
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Booklets
- Safe work and study at JCU
Research and Teaching
I want to...
About JCU Research
- Research Performance
Research Centres and Institutes
- Division of Research & Innovation
- Celebrating Research @JCU
- JCU Research Contacts
- Master's by Research
- Fees and Scholarships
- I want to...
Partners and Community
- Inbound Exchange
- Experience Singapore Program
- Short Study Programs
Outbound Exchange Program
- Apply Now
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Arts & Humanities Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Business Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Computer Science Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Education Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Engineering Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Environment and Geosciences Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Environmental Practice Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Languages Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Law Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Marine Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Social Work Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Sports & Excercise Science Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Zoology & Ecology Exchange Flyer.pdf
- Contact Us
Travel insurance and registration
Recording your travel Concur/Tripit
Concur Locate is an online travel management system that gives JCU the ability quickly locate and communicate with student travellers, with the benefit of pre-travel advisories to help you remain safe when travelling overseas. This is extremely important as it allows JCU to fulfil its duty of care and to locate students at the time of an emergency, critical incident or natural disaster.
This is a requirement for all overseas travel.
Initial set-up of your Concur/Trip-It accounts:
- Log-in to Concur (www.jcu.edu.au/financial-and-business-services-internal/strategic-procure-to-pay/jcu-travel/concur) using your JC log-in details
- Click the Trip-It tab under the Apps screen
- When prompted, create a trip-it account (using your JCU email)
- Verify your account using the email notification received from Trip-It
- Download the Trip-It app to your Smartphone to receive alerts on events that might impact your travel (security, weather events, natural disasters, flight status, gate changes, etc.)
Once your initial set-up is complete, and for all travel:
- Email your travel itineraries and confirmations to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to your profile (you can also add trips yourself via the app).
- If your plans/itinerary change at any time before or during your travels, email the update to email@example.com.
Be mindful that if you require assistance, JCU needs to be able to locate you in order to provide the support and assistance needed.
Chubb Insurance – JCU Business Travel Insurance
JCU students going on exchange through the Global Mobility Office are covered by the JCU Business Travel Insurance for the length of their approved travel (maximum 9 consecutive months), subject to certain conditions.
Additional and/or private travel outside the approved placement and travel dates is not covered by the JCU Business Travel Insurance and students must purchase their own travel insurance for private/additional travel. Information about JCU’s Business Travel Insurance is available on the JCU website.
If you have any questions about insurance coverage, please contact the JCU Insurance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chubb Assistance – JCU Travel Assistance
Students travelling on approved JCU travel have access to Chubb Assistance 24/7 global assistance membership services, prior to, and during your travel.
Students can phone Chubb Assistance at anytime from anywhere to request assistance. If your travel, health and safety are at risk or if you need advice or assistance to deal with situations that arise while travelling and working overseas – call Chubb Assistance. When overseas you can call Chubb Assistance reverse charges via the operator.
Chubb Assistance website: www.red24.com/affiliates/chubbau
Chubb Assistance phone number: +61 2 8907 5686
JCU policy number: 04PP007672
Ensure you save the Chubb Assistance number to your phone, and carry the Chubb Assistance card in your wallet. The card includes the emergency phone number and JCU’s Policy Number.
Smartraveller is provided by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). You should register your travel plans with smartraveller, so that in the event of an emergency DFAT will be able to contact you or your family. You should also subscribe for official government travel advice and bulletins.
When registering, you may be asked to provide the following:
- Do you have overseas travel insurance: YES
- Insurance company: Chubb Australia Insurance Limited
- Policy No. 04PP007672
- Phone number: +61 2 8907 5995
DFAT also operate 24-hour consular assistance: 1300 555 135 within Australia (local call cost), +61 2 6261 3305 from overseas, or +61 421 269 080 for SMS.