You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
- About JCUJCU Connect
- Cairns Institute External
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Courses and Study
- Why JCU?
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Environmental Management
- Health Studies
- Information Technology
- Marine Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Occupational Therapy
- Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Sport and Exercise Science
- Veterinary Science
Course by level
Cities, campuses and study centres
- Services and support
- QTAC Packaged Offers
- International Students
Fees and Financial Support
Exams & Results
- Student forms
The Learning Centre
- Learning Centre Services
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Booklets
- Safe work and study at JCU
Research and Teaching
I want to...
About JCU Research
- Research Performance
Research Centres and Institutes
- Division of Research & Innovation
- Celebrating Research @JCU
- JCU Research Contacts
- Master's by Research
- Fees and Scholarships
- I want to...
Partners and Community
For HDR Advisors
HDR Advisors Training Program
Resources and Support
- Research Education Sub-Committee and Executive
- Advisor Handbook
- Principles for Respectful Supervisory Relationships
- HDR Advisors Training Program
- Workshops & Training
- Policy & Procedure
- Research Excellence
- Contact Us
VYT Technical Instructions
How to use the Visualise Your Thesis template
Download the Visualise Your Thesis PowerPoint template to your computer, delete the text, images and video in the template and add your own content. You may add additional slides to the template, however:
* Your presentation (excl. bookend slides) will be displayed for at most 60 seconds, and
* The maximum file size allowed is 100 MB.
Your entry will be displayed using PowerPoint 2013 for Windows
1. Save a copy of the PowerPoint file. Only .pptx files will be accepted
2. Email your entry to: email@example.com
3. If the .pptx file is less than 20MB
4. If the file larger than 20MB
Tips for creating your Visualise Your Thesis entry Be creative and change the layout, text boxes, colours and fonts, just make sure you:
* Do not change the layout, design, or colours of the bookend slides, being the title slide and the references slide (i.e. the first and last slides)
* Do not use a body text font size smaller than 14 pt
* Do not change the Page Setup in PowerPoint (your ePoster will be displayed on a screen in widescreen format)
* Include the required information on the poster as specified in the template: Introduction, Research Significance, Method, Results, Conclusion, however note that:
* You may include this information in the form of text, images, video and/or audio
* If you use text, you can modify the headings in the template to suit your project, for example: ‘Background’ instead of ‘Introduction’, ‘Approach’ instead of ‘Method’, or ‘Implications’ instead of ‘Conclusion'
* Depending on the stage of your project, you may not have results or a conclusion yet, however you can state this and include any information or ideas you have at this stage
* Consider copyright, particularly when adding images, audio or video to your poster, see the advice by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include a valid Twitter handle or Instagram handle: people will be encouraged to tweet to poster authors with questions and comments, and to post photos of the awards event
Set your slides to advance automatically in PowerPoint:
1. Select the Transitions tab.
2. Tick the After checkbox.
3. Enter the number of seconds you wish to display the slide for.
For further instructions, see: Set the speed and timing of transitions
Note: your PowerPoint presentation (excl. bookend slides) should display for a maximum total time of 60 seconds.
Tips for adding audio and video to your Visualise Your Thesis entry
Your entry will be displayed using PowerPoint 2013
Supported audio and video file formats: Video and audio file formats supported in PowerPoint 2013
1. Is embedded in the PowerPoint file. Do not submit separate media files.
2. Starts automatically and loops continuously. Your entry will be displayed in rotation with a number of other posters on a screen in slide show mode. No interaction will be possible.
3. Is optimised and compressed.