You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
For HDR Advisors
HDR Advisors Training Program
Resources and Support
- Research Education Sub-Committee and Executive
- Advisor Handbook
- Principles for Respectful Supervisory Relationships
- HDR Advisors Training Program
- Workshops & Training
- Policy & Procedure
- Research Excellence
- Contact Us
Elite Editing Thesis Write-up External Short Scholarship
The Elite Editing Thesis Write-up Scholarship is a external to JCU scholarship offered by the academic editing service company Elite Editing. The scholarship provides financial assistance for one postgraduate student per year for a period of 12 weeks to free them from other forms of employment and allow them to concentrate solely on the task of writing their thesis.
- Applications will open on 1 January and close on 30 June each year.
- The scholarship will be awarded prior to 31 July each year.
- The successful applicant can specify a start date for the scholarship that is any time within the following 12 months.
For students who do not hold another scholarship, it pays a stipend of $1,000 per fortnight for six fortnights ($6,000 in total), tax free. For students who do hold another scholarship, it pays a stipend of $600 per fortnight for six fortnights ($3,600 in total), tax free.
Students must be enrolled full time in a research degree (Masters or PhD) at an Australian university. Part-time students are eligible to apply for the scholarship only in circumstances where the applicant is able to demonstrate heavy carer commitments or a medical condition that precludes them from studying full time. Students may be either internal or external students. Both international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
For more information and eligibility requirements and eligibility requirements visit the Elite Editing website.