Applicants applying for James Cook University (JCU) competitive research scholarships need to apply by their deadlines. The application close dates can be vary between student origin and for Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS).
Close dates for applications:
- 14 November 2017 for Domestic applicants*
- 30 September 2017 for International applicants*
- 31 October 2017 for all AIMS@JCU applicants (International and Domestic)
For information eligibility and how applications are ranked refer to the 2018 Scholarship Scoring Procedure.
- International applicants: are defined as applicants other than Australian citizens/New Zealand citizens/Australian permanent residents.
- Domestic applicants: are defined as Australian citizens/New Zealand citizens/Australian permanent residents or Humanitarian Visa holders. Proof of citizenship is required on application.
Steps to apply
First submit an application for HDR candidature. To do this go to the Graduate Research School 'How to Apply' page and follow the instructions.
If you are already enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research at JCU, or once you have completed your candidature application, go to the 'My Scholarship Applications' tab in eStudent to submit your scholarship application.
Forms you may need
Costs scholarships do not cover
JCU competitive scholarships do not cover:
- University's Student Services and Amenities Fee, which applies to both domestic and international HDR candidates.
- international relocation costs to JCU to commence the research degree.
- the cost of any type of health insurance or overseas health cover.
For further information and queries refer to the support options below:
- Applicants are encouraged to speak to their prospective Advisors regarding their intention to apply for a scholarship.
- Specific questions regarding competitiveness should be directed to the relevant College Associate Dean of Research Education.
- Questions regarding the application process should be directed to the Graduate Research School at GRS@jcu.edu.au.