Points to Consider
- Visit the JCU Research Portfolio website to explore current research topics and accredited supervisors of HDR candidates.
- You may also find the following article helpful in choosing an Advisor:
'How to contact a potential PhD supervisor' by Corey Bradshaw for ConservationBytes.com
- Prospective candidates are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the Make an Enquiry and How to Apply processes prior to commencing their application.
- Undertaking a higher degree by research at James Cook University requires a high standard of academic English. You are strongly advised to ensure that you can meet the formal entry standards in this area as exceptions are not normally granted.
- Enquiries relating to applications and admission to a research degree at JCU may be forwarded to email@example.com.
Standard Enrolment Dates
A series of preferred enrolment dates apply to JCU higher degree by research candidates. While candidates do have the option of formally enrolling in their degree at any stage throughout the year, by working to the preferred ('standard') enrolment dates candidates can assist the GRS to streamline their enrolment process. Standard Enrolment Dates will be set annually in November for the following year and are detailed on the GRS Important Dates webpage.
Courses and Application Procedures